[warty] Migrating from ntfs to ext3

kamstrup ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Mar 8 10:54:50 UTC 2005

Sounds like the only option to me... BUT: I am not even sure that this
is possible... You are going to have to shrink that ntfs partition a
great deal, and I am not sure that this can be done per se.

I don't know how good partition magic is, but it better be damn good.
Resizing like you describe is going to take a lot of reallocation of
files since you are not likely to remove them continously from one end
of the disc so to speak.

If partition magic really can do reallocation magic, then it will
probably work... I don't have any other ideas though...

Are you absolutely sure that it is impossible to borrow a >120GB disk
anywhere?

Good luck!

--
kamstrup