[Warty]Laptop display toggle key

Jerome S. Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 02:29:18 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am using an ECS G551 laptop which works quite good with Ubuntu.
However, not all the Fn keys work. I've made the keyboard shortcuts via
Gnome and I got to have mute, volume controls, num lock working.

What really bugs me the most is when I attempt to press Fn+F12 which is
the toggle display mode to LCD/CRT and simultaneous LCD/CRT, the whole
system would freeze and have no choice but the pull the plug and battery
of my laptop. I would like to have this thing running because I am doing
a lot of presentations with an LCD projector. No I haven't made any
GNOME shortcuts for it because I do not know where to set it (and GNOME
doesn't seem to have an entry for it.

Any suggestions?

Jerome