apt-get and MySQL problem (newbie)

Luke Venediger lukev123 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:49:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:20:23 +0000, Eamonn Sullivan
<eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:15:01 +0200, Luke Venediger <lukev123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yep, ran apt-get update before I tried to install the package (and
> > after I'd updated my sources.list file). Unfortunately my ubuntu box
> > is down at the moment and I can't get my sources.list file. Does it
> > help you to know that I took the default sources.list file and
> > uncommented the four source urls in the file?
>
> I really don't know. Sorry I can't be more help, but do keep this
> discussion on the main users list so that someone else can jump in.
> Reply-to-all, not just to me. And when you get back on ubuntu, attach
> a copy of your sources.list.
>
> -Eamonn

Hi Eamonn,

Thanks for the help anyway. I got it working after re-checking my
sources.list and finding out that I hadn't actually uncommented all of
the urls in the file. Sorry about not replying to all, pressed the
wrong button ;)

Anycase, I've pasted my working sources.list for anyone who is having
the same issues. My apt-get is faithfully downloading and installing
mysql-server as I type.

==== start sources.list ======
deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 4.10 _Warty Warthog_ - Preview i386 Binary-1
(20041020)]/ unstable main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch updated software from the network
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty main restricted
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty universe
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty universe

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu warty-security main restricted