Hoary and vncserver

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 21:33:12 UTC 2005

I'm having trouble getting vncserver to work on Hoary. Everything
works perfectly when connecting through the Remote Desktop feature
(i.e., vncviewer hostname:0) but when running on additional clients
(i.e., start a vnc session by typing vncserver at a shell prompt), my
keyboard settings are all screwed up. I get garbage characters when I
try to type into any application. When I connect to hostname:1 my
keyboard settings are listed differently in
System/Preferences/Keyboard and I don't have the same choices when I
try to change the settings, so I'm assuming it has something to do
with that...

I've attached my /etc/vnc.conf as it stands now, which isn't much
different from what perfectly on Warty. Can anyone help me figure out
what's wrong? Or, failing that, can anyone tell what *you* do that
*works*?

-Eamonn