Bittorent ?!

bored2k ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Mar 4 05:51:08 UTC 2005

andrew fries Wrote:

> I'm glad to hear it worked. But now you can experiment with these
> parameters to share a bit more with others, because at the moment you
> are only allowing one person to get something at a rate of 1KB/sec,
> which is pretty miserly. You can do better and still be happy - I use
> settings of 3 and 8 respectively, and my connection is lesser than
> yours, only 512/128... Also, bored2k had a good point earlier in this
> thread - be sure to open port 6881 (from memory) to allow BT traffic.
> Download will work without it, I think, but not uploading.

its actually a bit different ; on a GUI torrent app like
bittornado-gui/azureus, u can have a yellow LED [indicating ur being
blocked by a router/firewall] and ul at full speed .

him dl at max speed only ul at 1kbps is a miracle of the Lord ... i
wouldnt b amazed if in no time speeds would decrease.

btw if hes using bittorrent default, i suggest he goes for bittornado
if he wants gui, azureus all the way [supports UDP tracking - the nu
wave

--
bored2k