Website design : what to use ?

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Tue Mar 1 15:47:22 UTC 2005

Sean Miller wrote:

> I do think these WYSIWYG editors are counter-productive... fact is
> that HTML may be WYSIWYG, but it's not WYSIWYVG (ie. What You See Is
> What Your Visitors Get)... you may get it, but they may not...
> therefore it's better to work on strict web principles and code your
> pages using best practices...

Excellent point!!!

And avoiding WYSIWYG editors also helps minimize those ubiquitous, table
driven, multi-column web pages that have grown to be the norm today.

When will web designers learn that web pages are not like paper pages
and to minimize their use of multi-column pages -- especially those with
fixed column widths.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c