iptables on warty

wild madagascar wildmad at blueline.mg
Tue Mar 1 06:57:28 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 12:10 +1300, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> Because iptables-save does not know where you want to be saving the
> file. Instead, it produces the file on the standard output - it is up to
> you to redirect the results into a suitable file.
>
> A common place is /var/lib/iptables/active, so you should run
> $ sudo iptables-save > /var/lib/iptables/active

Thanks Jim,

If I save it the way you suggest, do I still need to write the script as
kirtis and Christoph suggested? Would like to thank them both for the
tip as now with the script iptables running as daemon I am sure none of
my colleagues ain't gonna complain to not being able to send mails
because they would have forgotten to run firstarter...

Didier