Time (Clock) changes when I reboot into Windows

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 03:11:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 04:04:16 +0330, Behrang Saeedzadeh
<behrangsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everytime I reboot my system and log in to Windows I see that the Time
> changes to wrong values. How can I solve this problem?

The FAQ URL should work for you.

What it is doing, I believe, is telling Ubuntu that the clock is not
set to UTC/GMT.

Most Unix based systems keep the clock at UTC and change the display
based on the time zone values.  But Windows keeps the clock at local
time, even in hardware.

So Windows and Linux keep changing the hardware clock back and forth,
unless you tell Ubuntu that the hardware clock is *not* UTC.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own