Hoary: Copy/Paste Not Working in Evolution

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:05:04 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, Arjan Geven <arjangeven at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, selecting something and using 'Copy' from the right-click menu
> didn't work, and then From the Edit-menu, the Copy command was greyed
> out for no apparent reason. I haven't tried Ctrl+Insert, I guess I'm
> too new to the linux-world to know that command. (And now that I KNOW
> of the command, I still don't understand how someone came up with such
> an illogical keycombination for "Copy", it sounds more like "Paste" to
> me).
>
> Anyway, suggestions? Or should I file a bug report (@ Gnome or @ Ubuntu?)

ctrl+insert isn't a Linux thing.  It works in some (most?) Windows
apps, too.  As does shift+insert.

ctrl+insert seems to work on my system, whereas ctrl+c does not, nor
does select+right click+copy.  For now, this is an annoyance to me,
but at least I have a workaround until I wipe my system clean and
install Breezy when it's released.

I have Hoary installed on two machines - a laptop and a desktop.  This
problem only affects one of the two systems.  Go figure. :P

--

  -- AL --