System Restore

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Mon Jun 27 19:12:16 UTC 2005

Vram wrote:

> Wow, that is a very interesting concept.  Who does stuff like that?
> What distribution?

nobody it as far as I know.  UnionFS is the closest but there's a whole
layer of management that goes with this.  For example, being able to
detect when to propagate changes from base-etc -> site-etc.  This
requires maintaining base-etc-old and base-etc-new information so that
you can distinguish what has changed in the site-etc and only update the
base specific changes.

I was planning on doing it myself but I can't afford to support/fund
another open source project.  Camram and to a lesser degree IPCop have
hit me pretty hard financially.  need to make more money consulting
before I can afford to do more.

---eric