after 2 weeks of running ubuntu

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 27 09:22:36 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Montag, den 27.06.2005, 10:58 +0200 schrieb Matthias Heiler:
> Steve Torrefranca <javacide at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > After 2 weeks we were all impressed even the die hard debian guys.
> > Unfortunately it freezes in all machines when:
> > a. we mount DVDs with huge files.  This happens both when we mount DVDs
> > in the middle of our gnome session and during boot-up with the DVD
> > inside the drive (while nautilus is loading).
> > b. randomly freezes when we upgrade kernel to 2.6.11
>
> I made the very same experience (great user feeling, but freezes) with
> a Dell D610 notebook.  It improved when upgrading to 2.6.12 from
> breezy plus adding boot parameters ("pci=bios idle=halt").  There
please note that the 2.6.11 kernel image in hoary is a bitkeeper
snapshot from mid february that the developers used to play with, it is
in universe because of this and not intended to be used for anyting....

additionally breezy should not be used in production environments before
it is stable especially just using its kernel in hoary is not a very
good idea.

ciao
	oli