Ubuntu Boot Up Logo

Daniel Cross dcross at woosh.com
Thu Jun 23 11:09:07 UTC 2005

<excuse my filthy posting-from-work-top-posting>

I agree with Ante in doing something because it's what people are used
to in their experience with MS isn't a great idea.

I think that for your average user, yes some sort of comforting graphic
would be a good idea.

However, anything complex is bound to be too much of a pain in the
behind.
You have graphics support etc to consider.

A nice 16 colour VGA do-up is probably all that is needed, or howabout
an ASCII game of Pong ;)

I also noticed a mention of *click here to view text output* (or
something similar) - this is of course assuming that whatever went wrong
hasn't frozen the entire system, and also that mouse drivers have loaded
OK.
Possibly a better approach will be an initial *Press Fx to view text
boot*

\m/

- Daniel