Domain Controller

Mike Bird mgb-ubuntu at yosemite.net
Tue Jun 21 16:54:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 01:38, Senectus . wrote:
> I've been thinking about this.. I reckon it's something that should be
> looked at much further down the track..
> At the moment Ubuntu is focused on being a desktop OS more than a
> Server OS.. For the time being (at least until past "Breezy") I reckon
> we should stick with that!

I really hope Ubuntu is going to be a Linux distro and not just a
desktop distro - particularly as we're moving all our servers and
desktops from FC3.

For the most part, desktop functionality is a superset of server
functionality these days.  We don't have any desktop IMAP or INN
servers, but we do have desktops with Samba, and a few with Squid.  All
our desktops run BIND, Postfix, LVM, NTP, and software RAID1.

--Mike Bird