Marillat -> Hoary Extras?

James Wilkinson ubuntu at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 16:35:28 UTC 2005

Ben Novack wrote:
> Like many folks, I've used Marillat to gain restricted-formats access
> for MP3s, DVDs, and the like. But I'd rather use Hoary-extras, in
> order to have a better chance of a problem-free Breezy upgrade. Is
> there an easy way to find out what packages I've installed from
> Marillat, so I can remove them and install their hoary-extras
> equivilants?

For what it's worth, I came up with the following command line:
for i in $(dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Package}\n'); do apt-cache madison $i ; done | grep marillat
and am left thinking "Surely there's a better way?"

James

--
E-mail address: james | While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | tactic in Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted