Slow Firefox (1.0.4) Startup

David M. Carney carney1979 at
Sun Jun 19 12:54:48 UTC 2005

On Saturday 18 June 2005 00:29, David M. Carney wrote:
> Hey all!
> I just installed 2500 fonts in ~/.fonts.
> Firefox now boots in 90 seconds. It takes 13 seconds if I move the ~/.fonts
> folder or rename it.
> Of course OO Writer is a bit slow booting, but I can live with that.
> Any way to get Firefox to boot faster AND keep the fonts?
> David
> --
> Registered Linux User #297958

I think the list must have been down for a day or so.....

I decided I did not need these fonts for general use, but for Open Office2
only, so I moved them to OO2's font folder.

OO2 was a bit slow booting the first time, but it's back to normal now. Plus I
have an insane 3500 (or near this number) fonts to choose from!

Firefox starts in 6-10 seconds now.

Registered Linux User #297958