nautilus ogg preview?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Jun 18 01:05:44 UTC 2005

> How can I fix the ogg preview problem? MP3's work fine when I hover over
> them. I did some googling and couldn't find any answers. Any help would
> be great!

That's a bug ! For Warty, we were advised to install 'sox', which
supposedly gave ogg, flac, mp3 and wav preview in Nautilus. In fact,
only wav and mp3 worked. In Hoary, it got worse, only mp3 works... I
guess for Breezy, nothing will work at all ! ;-/

I remember someone here mentioning some other pacakge that worked,
"mpg123" or something, can't remember exactly, and never tried it....

I just hope Breezy will preview common sound files format out of the
box, or advise us on a package that does work, unlike sox... sox sux ;o)

--
Vince, couldn't resist, ashamed ;-)