Truemobile 1150 scanning support

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 05:38:28 UTC 2005

I would also be interested in this kind of information.
I have a:
Orinoco 11 Mbps Wireless LAN PC Card (Lucent Technologies)

and have been told that scanning is supported if the orinoco
drivers are patched, but haven't had much luck figure out
how to do it.

Why don't the drivers for cards that support scanning, come
automatically with this support?  This has been one of my
biggest problems when using wireless with linux (ubuntu) when
people that are using other OSes can scan for an access points
that I can't get to.

I do have to say that Ubuntu has been great for detecting hardware
and making things work out of the box, so I know that it will be ready
eventually, any insight on what is going on/ what I might be doing wrong
would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd