Open Hardware ADSL, Linux Friendly

Martin Groiss post at groiss.org
Sat Jun 11 22:29:40 UTC 2005

Am Samstag, den 11.06.2005, 17:45 -0400 schrieb Walter Tautz:
> Just wondering if people could give some recommendations
> on ADSL modems that have an open design, or at the very
> least are easy to use with linux. Some of these devices
> seem to have quite a bit of stuff in them so I was
> wondering if there are any that are "accessible", configurable?

hi,

I would set up a router... here in austria we use PPTP for ADSL and it's
not very easy to configure the connection with gnu/linux... so the
router does all the work...

so I would recommend you a router... in the case you don't want to have
a router, you should look for a ethernet-modem - i have very bad
experiences with usb-modems...

sorry for my bad english...

--
best regards,