one day you wake up... and everything's gone!

Michael Van Dorpe michael.vandorpe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:36:20 UTC 2005

I have to log on to the university network every day to get on the
internet... It now appears that my problem arises the first time I start
Ubuntu in the morning. I have to start Windows XP; log on to the
network, start Ubuntu and thén everything is fine.

So, I'm not having the problem you had... but maybe the problem is
indeed related to the clock, because the only thing that fails in the
boot proces is contacting the NTP server for synchronizing my clock.
Obviously that doesn't work, since I'm not logged on to the university
network yet for that day.

Could this indeed be the problem? And, if so, why didn't it happen
before? And what can I do now to solve it? I guess I can remove the
synchronizing from the boot proces, but that's not a nice solution, is it?