Polish fonts without Polish environment

Mathias De Wachter mathias.dewachter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:04:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

I need to make a Polish wedding invitation, but i don't speak much
Polish myself. I'd like to use Scribus or maybe xfig, but i'm having
problems with Polish diacritics (there's some accents, and an l with a
bar through it for example).
I don't want to change my system to Polish, cos then i won't be able
to use it anymore.
Can anyone briefly describe the steps to set up my polish fonts (using
US layout keyboard, by the way, so some tips on that would be handy
too). I'm guessing many people would benefit from this: many languages
have slightly different charsets, and i think many people want to use
USEnglish Ubuntu, but still be able to write "correct" documents in
their own language... I'm aware of UTF-8 n stuff, i just don't know
how to get scribus/xfig/firefox to use it correctly.

You can give me a nice flaming if there's a good HOWTO on the web
somewhere: i didn't find it after lots of searching...

thx a bunch,
mathias