OO2 Base Error: "The connection to the data source ...

Paul M. Bucalo ubuntuser at pmbservices.com
Fri Jun 10 01:53:57 UTC 2005

On Thursday 09 June 2005 05:37 pm, Eric Dunbar wrote:

> > My suspicion is that I am missing an ODBC-related support file in
> > Ubuntu. I do *not* have any SQL engine running, and wish to
> > purposely create dBASE-compatible output from OO2 Base. I cannot
> > see in Options where I can predetermine what format to create a
> > new database in, the default is always ODBC/HSQL.
>
> Isn't mysql required for the DB portion of OO.org to work? Also, do
> you need Java?

I couldn't tell you, Eric. I was hoping someone would know for sure. A
friend created a label database without MySQL running. That would
imply it's not necessary. I have the latest Java RE (as far as Ubuntu
is concerned), so I don't think that makes a difference for me. I
wish the application would ask what format you want to create your
database in instead of defaulting to ODBC/HSQL. Maybe I should create
a dBASE file on my Win workstation and see if it will open it "as
is".

Paul