Suggestions for Ubuntu Article

Kreg Schlosser liberaltugboat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:49:14 UTC 2005

Arjan, the reason these formats arent playable "out of the box" is
because people own the patents to them and demand royalties to use
them. Windows can NOT play alot of media out of the box- DVDs, DiVX,
Ogg, quicktime, Real.... In fact the only thing it does play are the
proprietary Windows Media player files and MP3.
I dont understand why everyone complains about the media (which is
easy to install) capabilities compaired to XP. Look at the start menu
on a NEW XP install and you will see that it comes with almost no
software at all "out of the box".
(sorry if this is off topic)