Fonts and accents / umlaute

Reto Bachmann-Gmuer reto at gmuer.ch
Wed Jun 8 14:01:49 UTC 2005

Hello René

installing 'msttcorefonts'was a good idea, since the microsoft fonts do
support umlauts. Thanks!

Still I'm wondering why so many very common fonts that come with ubuntu
do not support umlauts and accents, a couple of modified characters and
the fonts would be usable in most part of europe.

Gruss,
reto