Fonts and accents / umlaute

S. Donig my-mailfloods at web.de
Thu Jun 9 05:37:21 UTC 2005

Am Mittwoch, den 08.06.2005, 16:01 +0200 schrieb Reto Bachmann-Gmuer:
> Hello René
> Still I'm wondering why so many very common fonts that come with ubuntu
> do not support umlauts and accents, a couple of modified characters and
> the fonts would be usable in most part of europe.
Have you installed the ttf-freefont package? I think they are supposed
to be the replacement for commercial fonts in Ubuntu and the they
support an extraordinary wide range of characters, including non-Latin
characters and non-European languages. If you don't like the kerning
there's also the ttf-bitstream-vera package providing high-quality
fonts.

Gruss

Simon