DVD burn speeds borked?

Brian Pack darkaudit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:57:33 UTC 2005

This is getting to the point of sending me back to the dark side! :p

I use K3B to burn my DVDs, and I cannot get a good burn out of 8x media @ 8x
speeds with a 16x capable burner. I've tried different brands of media,
different burners, different distros, and even different computers. The 8x
discs I try to burn @ 8x come out as coasters. Their viewable to a point but
the burn is physically bad, with blank strips, scorches, and other errors.

What I'm not getting is that @ 4x or 6x speeds the burn is fine. AND 16x media
will also burn fine, although K3B is picky about media at that speed. It will
reject 3 or 4 discs that will burn fine at 6x or lower.

OTOH, Nero can't yet handle 16x media, but will burn these 8x discs at 8x
without error nearly every time.

What can I do here?

--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/darkaudit/