yahoo pop service for evolution

Russell Cook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 4 22:04:50 UTC 2005

Interesting, like my UK friend I have a free account and have POP and
Forwared access (working here for me now). However here's the help text
from the mail options page on Forwarding:

Yes! Yahoo! Mail users can read their Yahoo! Mail messages in Netscape,
Eudora, or Outlook by subscribing to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=8789/*http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com>. This
service allows you to use Outlook, Eudora, or another POP3 client to
access and manage your Yahoo! Mail and also includes the ability to:

    * Automatically forward your Yahoo! Mail to another email account --
      even another Yahoo! address.
    * Send messages up to 10MB in size
    * Send email without the Yahoo! promotional text at the bottom.

Once you have subscribed, you're ready to set up your Yahoo! Mail
account to read your messages in an email program. Click "Mail Options,"
choose "POP Access & Forwarding
<http://popfwd.mail.yahoo.com/pf/popfwd?.done=http://mail.yahoo.com>,"
and follow the directions.

Even though my address is a @yahoo.com.au I access my mail through
yahoo.com (not yahoo.com.au) so it looks like we may have got in before
they made it a chargeable service :-)

--
Kind Regards Russell