yahoo pop service for evolution

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Thu Jun 2 20:04:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 14:42 -0500, Charles Malespin wrote:
> Mike, thanks for the walkthrough.  Unfortunately the problem is that I
> am trying to use fetchyahoo with evolution so that I dont have to pay
> for the pop service from yahoo.....  Thats where I am confused as to
> what pop and Sending info to use.  I have gotten the gmail to work fine,
> but since yahoo charges I am trying to get something that can go around
> it and still send my mail to evolution.... Sorry for the unclear
> situation.  I dont have to use fetchyahoo either, I will use any of
> them, yahoopops(or Y!pops) is supposed to work, but on their website
> they dont have directions on how to configure for evolution.  Only
> thunderbird and something else, and I cant get it to work either way.

Gotcha. I just tested fetchyahoo on my computer with my (unused) yahoo
address. It worked with evo.

I have an account setup like this:

Server Type: Standard Unix mbox spool or directory

When I run fetchyahoo, the messages from that account are then found in
my evolution inbox for that account.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>