yahoo pop service for evolution

Charles Malespin charles.malespin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:32:56 UTC 2005

> Did you try “fetchyahoo”?  I haven't used it ever, but from the web page
> it seems easy (and you you're looking for) and it delivers the mails to
> “/var/mail/your_login_name” in a “mbox” format.  All you need is to
> create a “Local delivery” mail account in Evolution and point the path
> to the above file.
>

> As usual, I hope this helps.
> Ziyad.

Thanks for the suggestion Ziyad, I got fetchyahoo from synaptic and have
it installed.  I can run it from the command line, but that isnt what I
want to do... Basically, here is my problem.  I have never used
evolution or anything similar so I dont really know how to set these
things up.  I dont know how to set up a local directory or what to put
in for the pop servers or SMTP outgoing server or anything like that....
I hate to be such a noob and baby about this, but if someone wouldnt
mind explaining quickly what to do I would greatly appreciate it!  Thank
you guys, this forum is a saviour for noobs like me!