Firefox 1.1 -> 1.5 (was: Firefox Update Disappearing Act)

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski shot at hot.pl
Sat Jul 30 19:24:34 UTC 2005

Hello.

James Livingston:

> From what I've heard the upgrade to 1.0.6 in Hoary was mostly due to
> the fact that it broke extension compatibility with earlier versions,
> although I could be wrong.

Well, the official word was that's the new security model for Mozilla
products (to track the 1.0.x releases and not simply backport the
security patches). As long as Firefox 1.0 branch is be supported by
Mozilla, everything should be ok; the catch is I doubt Mozilla will
still support Firefox 1.0 in March 2007, while Breezy's Firefox is
to be supported by Canonical until Breezy+3's release in ~April 2007.

Another catch for Canonical is the enterprise edition (if I understand
correctly, a subset of Breezy+1), which is to be supported for five
years. It might simply not contain Firefox in main, though.

Cheers,
-- Shot, hoping "Perky Penguin" will remain as the Breezy+1's codename
--
        I hate mornings. I know they hate me back, too.   -- Joel Gluth
====================== http://shot.pl/hovercraft/ === http://shot.pl/1/125/ ===