Gnome freezes after session start

Scott J. Henson scotth at csee.wvu.edu
Sat Jul 30 02:57:51 UTC 2005

Arjan Geven wrote:

> So, problem solved (except that I'd still like to know why that Nautilus
> thing showed up).

The gnome-vfs has the ability to "mount" drives.  Nautilus is
responsible for making the necissary connections and "mounting" the
drives(in your case samba).  This however should not cause nautilus to
lock up.  Ive had ssh shares mounted several times and never had
nautilus lock up on login.  Maybe its a samba thing where it doesn't
give up?  I don't know, but I guess just be careful with mounting samba
shares in gnome.