Adult content

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Wed Jul 27 14:38:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 04:13 -0400, hippyjim wrote:
[...]
> Did anyone actually get Dansguardian working?

I have it working, but it's on my home server, so all workstations have
to go through it. As Scott mentioned, it's better if you get another
computer to do the transparent proxy, which is a lot easier. This
doesn't have to be a top of the line computer, it can be a Pentium 1 or
2. Just do a server installation of Ubuntu, this way Xorg isn't
installed and only that which is needed get's installed.
You can have the computer running all by itself without a monitor,
keyboard or mouse, just two network cards and electricity. The system
can be mannaged over SSH.
If you only want to use one computer, then it's easier to just configure
the proxy on GNome and firefox.

All of the iptables rules you might have seen on the Internet might talk
about a transparent proxy, and this is mostly done with a second
computer :)

[...]
--
Luis Murillo M.
lmurillo at gmx.net
Heredia, Costa Rica

GPG KeyID: D66B35FD
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D66B35FD