[OT] Attn. All GMAIL users

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:23:06 UTC 2005

On 7/27/05, Brian Walker <bfwalker at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why exactly would one want to break the reply-to?
> >
> > Especially on a list that changes the reply-to based on whether or not
> > the sender is subscribed?
>
>  I would suggest that the amount of spam you receive is directly
> proportional to the number of times a bot has trawled newsgroups to glean
> your email return address. But I may be wrong!

I doubt the spammers check to make sure your email address is properly
formed. If you use this list your email message will appear somewhere,
and you'll be picked up by spammers.

Fortunately gmail catches MOST of the spam generated by posting to the
lists. However, if the spam troubles you, another option is to use the
discussion forums rather than email, though that's not perfect either.