problem importing python modules

Yannick Le Saint (kyncani) y.lesaint at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 20:04:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:16:24 +0500
mustafa <lordverminard at gmail.com> wrote:
> i am trying gui programming and this tutorial told me to
> import the some  modules these 2 GDK,libglade in particular
> are giving me a lot of trouble.
> i have installed every package i could find related to python and
> libglade and GDK but i still can't import the modules.
> i tried google to download the modules myself but have failed
> to find a site.

  First, i agree with Lee Braiden. Python-only questions have nothing to
do on the ubuntu-users mailing list.

  Now, if you're looking for a specific file which name you know, then
apt-file can tell you which package the file is in.
Apt-file is a tool provided by the apt-file package, pretty easy to use
(read the manpage).

Of course, you'll have to look at your tutorial or documentation to get
the module file name.

---
Regards.

Yannick Le Saint (kyncani) <y.lesaint at gmail.com>