Oldworld-Mac:Howto copy the kernel to an hfs partition during istallation?

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Mon Jul 25 16:13:05 UTC 2005

Hi there!

Maybe I'm just to dumm to complete this task, because I know I did it
once, but can't remember how.

The problem is that I try to set up Ubuntu-Warty as server OS on my G3
Powerbook Wallstreet, which is old-world. So I got the
installation-kernel, but don't know how to get the kernel warty
installed onto the hfs partition with bootx on it.

So my first attempt was to boot from an startup disk, which failed of
the same cause.

My harddisk is hda, the hfs partition hda7 and the root partition hda9.

oh and from the partitioning program I saw that the startup-Partition of
the startup disk is hda6.

So actually I don't know how to mount these devices during the setup
progress using a shell.

mount -t hfs /dev/hda7 /mnt/macos

doesn't work.

MFG,