Speedtouch internet connection

Mon Jul 25 13:58:52 UTC 2005

Hi folks;

I've got my nice (hoary) Ubuntu desktop working pretty much as I'd
like it, and now the only thing that's tying me to Windows is my
internet connection and Window's ICS. So, my questions:

1. Is it easy to get online using a USB Speedtouch 330 modem? I have
broadband, but connect using a username and password. Where do I start?

2. I'll need my Ubuntu box to share this connection with a Windows
and Mac box which get their settings via DHCP - so I presume I can
get my new Ubuntu box to be a DHCP server?

Thanks from a complete Linux newbie.

  - Phil.