Hoary CD's DHCP didn't work

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Mon Jul 25 02:40:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Rick Berger wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 02:26 +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Rick Berger wrote:
> > > I'd like to try setting up DHCP again,
> > dhclient is used if you set an network interface in
> > '/etc/network/interfaces' to be 'dhcp'.
> Should I just copy the dhcp settings from my working box and reboot or
> is there a script to start it?

Not quite sure what you mean;  '/etc/network/interfaces' should contain
lines similar to the following:

  auto eth0
  iface eth0 inet dhcp

and the interface can be restarted with:

  sudo ifdown eth0
  sudo ifup eth0

You can change both of this through the configuration menus available in the
Ubuntu desktop.

	-Paul
--
The summer is shorter here.  Tampere, FI