Wireless Problems in hoary -- Broadcom BCM4306 80211b/g onboard card

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Thu Jul 21 13:51:45 UTC 2005

Good Morning everyone:

As I was requested in an earlier message, here are the specifications as
I can find them for my laptop wireless card.

Broadcom integrated card

BCM4306 802.11b/g wireless lan
PCI bus type

This information is being reported to me by the device manager in
Ubuntu.

To be very honest, I have never used wireless in any species of linux
(penguin, hedgehog or badger :) ) so I am not sure what exactly I am
supposed to do to get it working, all I know right now is that I cannot
find any kind of desktop applet or software control to activate it.

Thanks for the help

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster / Science Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11