KDE vs Gnome

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Thu Jul 21 01:33:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:28:21PM -0400, Michael Beattie wrote:
> > 4). Can apps that run on Gnome also run on KDE and vs versa?
> Yes, they will be displayed with the widget set that they were written
> with though.  So you could run GNOME and if you run an app that uses
> Qt (the KDE set) it will look like KDE.

Oops, I answered the wrong question. Yes, you can run KDE
apps under GNOME and vice versa, like Michael said. I guess
I interpreted the question as "Can you run GNOME apps with
the KDE libraries?" And the answer to that is no: you have
to have two sets of libraries installed in order to run KDE
and GNOME apps together.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org