quasar accounting on ubuntu??

Brian Walker bfwalker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:48:13 UTC 2005

Anyone able to help? Or does this need a new topic under SQL? Working
through the issues installing quasar using PostgreSQL, and I get this
message when I type:

brian at ubuntu:~$ psql -h localhost -U xxx template1

psql: FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user "xxx"

Now I have checked all the cfg files to ensure that the passwords are OK. (I
think ... may have missed some out ...) but postgres .cfg files and quasar
.cfg files seem OK. What on earth could prevent the passwords being
accepted?

Brian