Ubuntu official CD labels where to download

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Wed Jul 20 06:30:00 UTC 2005

Hello Steve,

Wednesday, July 20, 2005, 11:10:06 AM, you wrote:

ST> can we download official ubuntu cd labels and covers?  we decided to
ST> mass burn cds and print cd labels rather than going thru shipit which
ST> might cost more due to duties.

As it's free there should be no duties. I got them shipped to
Thailand, and even Thai customs didn't spoil the fun. (They did
inspect the package, but no duties). I'd imagine Ubuntu includes
something that says 'free samples, $0 value, not for resale' or some
such.

That said, the official labels aren't very fancy. They're plain red
background that covers the entire CD, with the titles in white.
It includes the logo, but again only white. If printed my own CD labels I
think I'd do the Ubuntu logo in color, printed exactly around the hole
in the center. (I think I've seen that style on the Ubuntu site or
elsewhere, but the ship-it CD's aren't printed that way). (Fine with
me, of course)

Cheers,
Chanchao