Newbie Questions - Help

Amichai Teumim amichai.teumim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:55:54 UTC 2005

Hi

I read either here or on another forum that media such as mplayer
doesn't work well with AMD 64. So if you want to use your box as media
box you'll need to install i386 apps. So this would seem to mean that
both 32 and 64 bit would be able to work with your AMD 64.

Kernel panick in my experience is caused when you install on one pc and
move the hard drive to another pc. Usually, not always. As with Linux
the IDE has to be the same in order for Linux to work.

Take care

-amichai