Playing movies

Behrang Saeedzadeh behrangsa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 10:17:04 UTC 2005

Hi

When I play movies in Ubuntu I've a plenty of lost frames. The movie is not
played smoothly and
there are gaps every two or three seconds.

However when I boot into Windows, I can play movies smoothly. The problem
occurs for all kinds
of media files: MPEGs, AVIs, and even DVDs...

My system is a notebook Centrino 1.7Mhz and my kernel is a 386 kernel.
However I tried the 686
kernel and the problem was still remaining.

This problem is really annoying me. Could someone please help me solve it? I
want to live XP for
good but such problems make it entirely impossible for me.

Thanks in advance,
--

Behrang Saeedzadeh
http://www.jroller.com/page/behrangsa