Which one when: ubuntu-users vs. ubuntu-devel vs. Bugzilla UNKNOWN?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 15 09:21:48 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Freitag, den 15.07.2005, 15:59 +0700 schrieb Ali Milis:
> Are "universe" and "multiverse" recomended for
> ordinary hoary users?
yes

> My question was about how to find an uninstalled file;
> and I was recommended to use "apt-file".
you could also have used http//packages.ubuntu.com

> Unfortunately, "apt-file" only searches according to
> /etc/apt/sources.list. Worse, it seems there is
> a bug in "apt-file_2.0.3-7_all.deb". It asks for
> a file that does not exists (Error 404).
works fine here with all ubuntu sources, do you happen to use the us
mirror ? its known to have issues recently...

> Question:
> - where is the place for asking (or begging?) to
>   move the apt-file package from universe to main?
there are some pages on the wiki which explain that, look for "Main
Inclusion"

> - where is the place for asking, if we have problems
>   with universe/multiverse packages? Can we submit
>   problems to "Bugzilla UNKNOWN"?
nope, use malone [1] for uni/multiverse bugs and bugzilla for main (main
will move to malone eventually too)

uni/multiverse are supported by th MOTU [2]

ciao
	oli

[1] https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/distros/ubuntu/+bugs
[2] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/