FreeNX - suspend & resume problem

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 07:27:20 UTC 2005

On 7/15/05, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:

> Yes, it's both a bummer and weird.
>
> I'm using the !M client on a Windows machine as well. So our setups
> sound identical.

Oh, now that I think about it.... this may be stupidly obvious
considering your suggestion below, but you have the OpenSSH Server
installed right? It's probably a dependancy of freenx, but since I had
it installed already I didn't notice. Otherwise I'm stumped.

> It all goes through SSH doesn't it? Opening port 22 would do it. Or move
> sshd to another port to avoid most of the smurfs scanning.

Ooooh yeah... Sometimes I just need someone to state the obvious. :o)
I forward port 22 to another machine at the moment, but that's
probably all it would take. Just point to the freenx server machine.
Thanks!

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu