Howto enable Connection to X-Server

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Thu Jul 14 20:54:10 UTC 2005

hey connecting via ssh is far more than I expected, but sounds real good
to me, but

;-(  It doesn't work on my maschine, at least not out of the box. But I
also discovered that I also can't open from commandline anymore ;-(

rainer at pismo:/etc$ ssh -X 99.99.99.199 mozilla-firefox
Password:
Password:
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

Oh and you're right, the desktop is also an Ubuntu and not a Windows
maschine.
But it stay's a Windows maschine for me because it's an i386
architecture. My Laptop is PowerPC, which doesn't allow me to install
flash plugin as far as i know.
But I also wanna run firefox on the desktop with display on the Laptop,
because it got a much faster CPU and is i386, with which I can watch
FLASH, and so on.

Thanks for the help,

Rainer