Ubuntu Engineer certification

Wander Boessenkool wander at tomaatnet.nl
Mon Jul 11 13:18:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 17:24 +0500, Mustafa Abbasi wrote:
> i know this is a bit off topic but
> is there any type of online linux training that is low-cost/free

IBM has pdf's available to help you train for the LPIC-1
(http://www.lpi.org) certification
(http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linux-lpir21-i.html),
and http://snow.nl/dist/xhtmlc/ has a tutorial for LPIC-2.

If you want a practice exam for the LPI-101 exam you can find one at
http://kanslozebagger.org/oefenexamen-lpi-101 .
Practice tests for the other LPI-exams will come online there as the
group I'm training progresses through their exams.

> and one can give the exam online.
> i don't need to much advancement. and i wont be able to pratice much
> either when school begin in august.
> but i think some sort of linux training would look really good on my
> resume/application when i apply to college next year.

There is no certification (that I am aware of) for GNU/Linux that you
can take as an online-exam. But you might want to take some LPI-exams if
you don't mind paying around US$100,- per exam.