fuzzy display

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Mon Jul 11 12:26:25 UTC 2005

On Monday 11 Jul 2005 13:19, Søren Hauberg wrote:
> Hi all,
> Ever since I upgraded to Hoary my screen has been fuzzy. This means
> there's a little bit of noise on the screen. It's not very annoying
> which is why I've been living with it for some time now, hoping it would
> go away.

With an analog monitor, this would most likely be due to the frequency that X
is set to use being too high for the monitor.

> P.S. I have a GeForce2 and my TFT screen is a Samsung SyncMaster 172N.

On a TFT screen, I hear that a problem like this can happen because the pixels
being sent to the monitor are slightly out of sync with the actual alignment
of pixels on the display.  So, in other words, the pixels may be overlapping
somewhat.  I forget the solution, though: I think it was to tune the monitor
via an adjustment screw or something like that.  But if the only thing you've
changed is software, then presumably there's some way to tell the driver
about the sync needs or the dimensions of your monitor.

Sorry I can't be more help.  Good luck :)

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com