Bug tracking : reliable ??

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Jul 11 01:28:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 03:00:31AM +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> I took the time to file quite a few bugs in Breezy, and intend to keep
> doing so until it's released.
>
> But, I have submitted a few bugs several days ago, and am really
> wondering if they even got noticed by the devs.
>
> [...]

Well, we all read our lists of bugs, and get email notification.
Sometimes we're too busy with other things to work on it immediately,
but it does show up on the bug lists that we all read.  If it's been
unnoticed for months, then it might be time to poke the bug and see
if there's anyone looking at it, but a couple of days -- especially over
a weekend! -- isn't anything to worry about it.

For reference, I'll either get to a bug within about half an hour, if
I've already solved it, or am looking at it and can solve it quickly,
or sometime between two days and a week (to resolution).

Cheers,
Daniel