gnome menu crashes

Ramsey, Robert L robert-ramsey at uiowa.edu
Fri Jul 8 14:46:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm running a fully updated 5.04 install on a ECS laptop (AMD mobile
sempron w/256 megs of memory).  Every time I click on Applications |
System Tools, Gnome crashes.  All the other menus and sub menus are ok,
it's only going into that one sub menu that crashes Gnome.

Possibly related to this is that after install KDE 3.4, none of the KDE
items in any menu have their correct icons, just the generic icon.  And
for some reason the trash isn't appearing correctly either.

These may all be related or may be not.  I can live with the wrong icons
and no trash, but I'd really like to get into the System Tools submenu.

Is there a way to force the menus or desktop to be rebuilt?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bob