Different hardware profiles

Kovarththanan Rajaratnam krj at rajaratnam.dk
Thu Jul 7 22:12:58 UTC 2005

Hello

I'm looking for a solution, where I can switch between different hardware
profiles in Ubuntu. This should preferably be done by selection in the grub
menu. The problem is that I use my Ubuntu installation both from VMWare and "directly". Since VMWare emulates some hardware different from my original  system, I have a mismatch between the configuration in the "real" system and  in VMWare. Anybody got a solution for this problem? The main problems seem  to revolve around my network and X configuration.

--
Best Regards
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam